Friday, June 19, 2009

Goldfish in my hotel room

During my last trip to Bombay I had to stay an unexpected extra night and found myself checking back into Le Meridien hotel the same evening of the morning I'd check out on.

What was nice, was they actually upgraded me to the club floor and although the room was almost the same, it felt newly refurbished and once the internet connection was sorted I was all comfy and settled.

There was a gentle knock on the door and housekeeping were requesting an entrance. Of course, I obliged and was startled to see the hotel employee tentatively carrying a small bowl filled with water. I didn't realise at first but the bowl, about the size of a large grapefruit, was actually a goldfish bowl, complete with tiny black pebbles and a delicate flamboyant ebony fish.

The fish swam about quite happily and I was content to have a companion.

I have had the privilege to stay in many hotels all over the world, and this was the first time a goldfish was part of the package.

Well done Le Meridien..!

No comments:

Post a Comment