Thursday, March 4, 2010

Qatar Airways - a truly 5-star outfit

It's not for the most pleasant reasons that I'm trekking up north to Maryport, Cumbria (CA15 8TD if you care to Google or Bing it). But more of than in a later post.

I had the good fortune, however, of finding a reasonably priced business class fare from Singapore to Manchester with Qatar Airways and the dates mostly worked, so I snapped it up. I have flown them before and was already an advocate. This latest trip is consistent with my experience hitherto and what Qatar delivers is the envy of many an airline.

Their seats in business are almost lie-flat - so I slept like a baby between Singapore and Doha. They serve champagne from the bottle at your seat - you feel like you're in a restaurant. A jump suit is offered - not many airlines do that anymore in 2nd class and disembarking one is whisked away to their dedicated business / first terminal for a relaxing transit in their luxurious lounge.

Upon arriving, I did the seasoned thing and ignored everything else and zoomed in on the shower zone. I had left my jacket and overcoat draped over my chair and rushed to get a free cubicle to freshen up. One expects in these surroundings that your belongings are safe from man-handling - so you can imagine my surprise when I returned to my seat to see someone had @tampered@ with my coat. But NOT in a bad way I hasten to add: one of the lounge attendants had hauled a wooden clothes-horse to my seat and lovingly hung both my jacket and overcoat to help prevent creasing.

While at work earlier today, we were presenting to a large agro-chemical company on the research technique commonly known as Kano analysis where one splits various product offering items into the four categories of essential, hygiene, treats and inconsequential. I expect the shower room to be available and clean; champagne of some description is essential on take-off; I would not really care if I got a hot towel or not; BUT pro-actively hanging my clothes for me was a real treat.

I was WOWed.

Thank you Qatar Airways.

No comments:

Post a Comment