Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Agents and their egos

I love telling you all about my letters I write.
I recently had missed a notification of some management charges for an apartment, that Baxter and I own in the UK.

I pleaded with them to waive the charges as getting mail to Singapore can be a tad challenging and also to jolt themselves into the 21st century and perhaps adopt email as a means of notifying owners of their liabilities.

Below is the reply from the company and my answer....hope you enjoy my not-so-subtle sarcasm - I'm sure it's bloody well lost on Pam Dhillon.!!!!

__________________________________________



From: Pam Dhillon
To: darrenfrommaryport@yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Tue, 16 November, 2010 17:11:47
Subject: Service Charge


Good morning

Thank you for your email, I can confirm that the charges cannot be waived, I did request this to my MD.

We will send demands to the address provided by yourself.

Kind Regards   

Pam Dhillon
Senior Property Manager

HML Hawksworth Ltd
Gillingham House
38 - 44 Gillingham Street
London SW1V 1HU

Tel: 020 7802 0000   Fax: 020 7802 0001
Email: info@hmlhawksworth.com   Web: www.hmlhawksworth.com


MY REPLY:                                                                                                        



  

Pam,

I should thank you for your email - even though I had to chase.

I'm disappointed (yet again) at HML's intransigence and inflexibility towards overseas landlords who need to be made aware much more in advance than UK-residing owners.

When you say "cannot", I believe your MD and HML actually mean "won't".  Thanks for not-a-lot.

BIG SIGH.

Anyway, I won't get anywhere with such a rules-driven, non-customer-friendly organisation - will I?!!?  Unless, you're going to prove me wrong....could you!?!?

Finally, please confirm when you say "address" you mean email address as requested.  I have to ask clarification on so many points.

Thank you in advance,

Darren - disgruntled and deflated.

 

Tel: +65 6501 9808 - work / +65 98717903 mobile


No comments:

Post a Comment