Friday, September 17, 2010

Recent complaint to the Singapore bus company SMRT

This is a copy of a complaint letter I just sent to SMRT in Singapore about their erratic and dangerous driving on one of the routes (56).  Happy reading - if they deign to respond, I will let you know ;-)

--------------------------------



Dear SMRT,

I couldn’t find a feedback page on your website so am mailing you directly.

I recently travelled on the number 56 from Thompson Road to Toa Payoh.
It was one of the most erratic driving experiences I’ve had since moving to Singapore 7 years ago.

Route: 56 between Thompson Road and Toa Payoh, Jackson Square.
Date: 16th September
Time: 11am
Bus registration: 8397

a.       First of all, when I boarded there was a woman running to catch the bus behind me so boarded slowly and indicated to the driver someone was running to catch it.  He had already started to close the doors and they part-closed on me, hitting my shoulder.
b.      Overall the driving was jerky and inconsiderate to the passengers.
c.       He approached bus stops far too quickly and then the required braking meant passengers were flung around inside the bus.
d.      Several elderly passengers almost lost their footing.
e.      Even sitting down, the swerves and heavy braking meant one was constantly grabbing handrails to prevent one’s self from being flung to the floor.

Please pursue this with the driver concerned.
There was no point raising this with him during the journey as even when I complained about the closing door banging against my shoulder, he looked straight though me as if I’d crawled from under a stone.

Yours disappointedly – and slightly bruised.

Darren

---------------------------

3 comments:

  1. In it's pursuit for excellence in public transport,
    Singapore turns a blind eye to such incidents.
    The bus drives who immigrate from various places
    might have previous experience driving cargo trucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. possibly one of those drivers that came from AHEM ==

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very thoughtful words, thank you and hope that you will give us more information soon. It is a pleasure to have this type of important information. Keep it up please.

      Delete