Monday, January 16, 2012

It's the food, silly.

Returning from my Christmas and New Year jaunt and being a good 3 kilos heavier, it was natural I should ponder my expanded waistline and share with you some of the reasons for my orcine bulge.




One of the things that certainly Singapore is know for, is its food - and I'd really forgotten how good it all tastes.








Here are some of my temptations to which I happily succumbed while over there.




Fish-head curry at Muthu's restaurant.
Delicious...





Drunken prawns at Jumbo's seafood place.
A bugger to peal but worth the effort.
Sweet and delicate.





Broccoli with ginger - normally it's done with garlic, but my old boss had a penchant for ginger and now, so do I ....


What a fab claw with sprinklings of fresh coriander.



Steamed fish with fresh herbs...very good and tender.




Murtabak - a devilish indulgence with meat filling and a stinging curry sauce for dipping... 





My favourite teh tarik - which means "pulled tea" and it's sweet as hell.





And both this and the murtabak are from Zam Zam's near Arab Street...
















This is the starter platter at No Menu for our New Year Eve's dinner.





And this the pasta course - there were so many courses I lost count...LOL






Ahhhh the colourful shop houses.

And this the Red Dot Building  which is the background currently to my facebook timeline page.










A great time and great friends once again.
Can't wait to get back to Singapore.  I do miss it terribly.


No comments:

Post a Comment