Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thought I'd beaten the system

When something seems too good to be true - yes, unfortunately, it usually is.

I have vouchers for a wine club here in Singapore (Reserve Wine Club with my Platinum Amex) and they promise S$50 off your purchase providing you spend S$250 or more.

So I checked the price of Moet - yes I like a sparkling tipple or two.  And when I bought 4 bottles applied my discount it worked out at a very nice S$59 per bottle.  A bargain.





Or so I thought...

Nowhere does it say I can only buy certain types of wine.  But then I get an email from the Sales Department stating that the coupons are not valid for this type of purchase.  WTF?


Read the small print - that's all I can say.
And did the company in question (Rubicon Wines) honour my purchase?
Did they hell...!

I feel another boycott coming on.  How dare they make me pay full price for Moet - it's not that bloody good.
Now Bollinger?!  Now that would have been fair.

Don't you all agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment