Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thoughts on a Tuesday evening....

Or is it Wednesday morning....?
Suppose it depends where you are, right?

Life throws all kinds of malarkey at you...and it almost never seems fair...but how much of it, is of our own making? This is a question I often I ask myself. What if I did that differently, what if I had done that, what if....oh for goodness' sake; what if?

Someone told me recently it's good to wear ones heart on ones sleeve and I've always done that and this old dog won't change his tricks. And why the hell should we? We are what / who we are and the tricks we've perfected should serve us well. But in defence of the dark art of honesty, I firmly believe when we're truthful, honest, open, admissive, we allow others a view of our soul; we allow others the right to judge; we allow others to be themselves.

Let go; just be...

I am trying that philosophy right now and I think it's a good paradigm to work within.

I'm listening to a CD a good friend recorded and the track by Leona Lewis resonates with: what if it hurts me? what if I break down? ... I wanna hear myself ... don't care about all pain in front of me ... I just wanna be happy.

And that's where we all surely wanna be.

This blog entry is a truly joyous entry; one filled with hope and optimism.

I shall see many many friends over the Festive Season and there will be many more I won't see, but I know there are constants in all this turbulence.

I will probably blog more often (if more succinctly) over the next few weeks...hope you can cope with following it all...and PLEASE DO COMMENT.

Well here endeth the rant...or was it a revelation?!

4 comments:

  1. Just remember - never regret the things you do only those you don't do. Life's a journey relish it :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Darren, it's not an easy journey but a worthwhile one :) being authentic pays off for all of us, but it ain't always easy. Have a great festive season sweet boy xxp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darren, listen to your heart, but take things slowly, do not rush and be happy!! Place yourself first before anyone else. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you wrote..You know what's best for you, babe. I'll drink to that!

    ReplyDelete