Saturday, July 11, 2009

Peaceful abandon

The fans whir above my head as I sit at a chunky glass topped table in a sumptuous villa in the green lush canopy that is Bali. I have joined my good friend Chris for his birthday celebration and what a wondrous place to celebrate such an anniversary.

All day I have been lazing around doing absolutely nothing - except ruminating of course.
But it has been blissful watching the butterflies flit around and listening to the haunting chants of a nearby Hindu temple, mingled with the cling clang of gamelan.

Being out here, literally in the middle of nowhere, has been splendid for forgetting Singapore - the speedy pace of life there, the cars, the sale mania....as I turn my head to think of the next line I see an azure blue sky getting ready to let the stars come out in preparation for night time and it's full of fluttering kites; eagles, airplanes, butterflies and other winged wonders - soaring, soaring.

Guests will be descending very soon for a delicious dinner (well I hope it will be delicious, the party boy is a chef after all). There will no doubt be lots of martinis, camp chandeliers, purple potato and duck curry - with a sparkling birthday cake to finish it all off.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment